Foap is an app that lets anyone sell their photography and videos to businesses.If you enjoy photography, own a smartphone, and can take decent pictures, you might be able to earn money for online with Foap
How Does Foap Work?
Anyone can become a creator and start uploading their photography on the app.
If businesses like your images or videos you will get paid if they use them.
There are two ways you can start earning:
1. Upload random images and hope businesses use them
2. Do Foap “missions” where you take pictures of specific things businesses are asking for (more about missions later).
Foap connect clients with the photographers. This is very convenient if you want to focus on photography and not do any marketing.
How To Get Started
Foap is available for download on iOS and Android devices. You need to make an account and then you can start uploading your photos immediately!
Note: The website is used ONLY for buying photos and videos. You can upload photos only through the app.
You MUST be the owner of the photos and you cannot upload photos taken by others.
How Much Can You Make?
All photos are sold for $10 each and you keep $5 for each sale.
Every photo can be sold multiple times which means you can earn hundreds of dollars from just one photo.
Foap pays out via PayPal.
Tips For Success With Foap
- Some photography skills (obviously)
- Make a diverse portfolio with different types of photos
- Upload as many quality photos as possible
- Upload only HQ photos because these sell better
- Choose the right tags that would make your content easier to find and spend some time on this. Each photo can have 5-100 tags.
- Edit the photo professionally through a software
- Engage with the community through the forum or by rating
- Promote your Foap profile on social media
- Join missions to get more exposure
Occasionally, there are “Foap missions” where you are challenged to submit photos of specific things.
Sometimes the missions are organized by famous brands such as Pepsi, Starbucks, MasterCard, Nivea, and others.
You compete with other photographers on the app to win prizes anywhere from $100 to a few hundred dollars.
The missions could be anything such as taking a picture of cars in traffic or a person talking on their cellphone as examples. There are always instructions of how the photo should be conceptualized and the deadline to enter.
Pros of Using Foap
- Free to use and anyone can start
- HQ photos isn’t required (but it’s recommended). So you don’t need an expensive camera
- If you already have a lot of photography you can upload it
- Great if you already love photography
Cons of Using Foap
- Not massive income
- Uploading is time consuming because of writing descriptions, tags, titles for each photo
- Can only upload photos through the app
- Might not sell any photos until you have a decent sized portfolio
Can I upload low-quality photos? Yes. Foap accepts every type of photo, even blurry ones! You can upload anything and everything, just do note that these types of photos don’t sell well.
Is my content copyright protected? It is under Foap’s brand. Until someone buys your photo, they can only see it in a small size with a watermark on it. The full resolution image is available to them after they pay for it and download it.
Foap is a great way to turn your photography hobby into some passive income. Check out Foap to get started.
If you’re doing this you should upload your photography to Shutterstock as well to earn even more money. Check out our article on Shutterstock here. So, you must have learned how to earn money for online by uploading photos to shutterstock with the help of Foap
Upload Your Photography to Shutterstock
Leveraging your passions into a passive income is always a good idea—what’s better than earning money doing what you love? That’s what makes Shutterstock such an appealing passive income stream.
What is it?
Shutterstock is an online photo database where users everywhere can upload their photography, either for free or paid licensing by users all over the world. You might be thinking that you need to be a world-class photographer to earn money, but that’s the beauty of Shutterstock. It’s used most often by people in need of very specific photo content, not only those looking for artfully composed shots.
Think about those times when you needed to complete a project, and you had to find that random perfect picture of two people shaking hands on a bridge on a cloudy day. You probably ended up at Shutterstock.
Who is it for?
Anyone with a decent-quality camera and the most basic photography skills. Sure, being a photography expert might increase your chances of making some money from your shots. But the truth is that if you can line-up a shot without it looking like it was taken by a toddler, you have a shot of earning on Shutterstock. Like we mentioned above—the more subjects, scenes, and object variety in your shot, the better your chances of bringing in profit.
How does it pay?
Shutterstock payments are divided into earnings tiers. You’ll initially earn 25 cents each time someone downloads one of your photos, but as you earn more your per-download earnings can rise as high as 38 cents. That might seem small, but keep in mind that you can upload as many photos as you like, and members with 500 images or more can receive hundreds of downloads per month.
- Earn money online doing something that you love (assuming that you love taking photos)
- No up-front costs, unless you consider the cost of your camera or photo-editing equipment
- Earnings can grow the more photos you upload
- Building your portfolio can take time before earnings begin to add up
- The approval process can sometimes be frustrating
How to Get Started
Head to Shutterstock’s become a contributor page to learn more about their process and how to start earning money from your photos.
Summary Related article to making money with photography:
If you have a passion for photography and know how to compose a decent shot, becoming a Shutterstock contributor can lead to an impressive passive income stream. And if you love taking photos, it can be a rewarding way to earn money online from one of your personal talents.